Also known as an information systems audit, a system audit is the thorough and careful evaluation and review of the information systems present in an organization.
The main aim of the audit is to check for vulnerabilities and loopholes in the system and how the productivity, efficiency, and efficacy of the system can be improved.
Computerized Accounting involves making use of computers and accounting software to record, store and analyze financial data. A computerized accounting system brings with it many advantages that are unavailable to analog accounting systems.
Advantages of our Computerized accounting
- Automation: Since all the calculations are handled by the software, computerized accounting eliminates many of the mundane and time-consuming processes associated with manual accounting. For example, once issued, invoices are processed automatically making accounting less time-consuming.
- Accuracy: This accounting system is designed to be accurate to the minutest detail. Once the data is entered into the system, all the calculations, including additions and subtractions, are done automatically by software.
- Data Access: Using accounting software it becomes much easier for different individuals to access accounting data outside of the office, securely. This is particularly true if an online accounting solution is being used.
- Reliability: Because the calculations are so accurate, the financial statements prepared by computers are highly reliable.
- Scalable: When your company grows, the amount of accounting necessary not only increases but becomes more complex. With computerized accounting, everything is kept straightforward because sifting through data using software is easier than sifting through a bunch of papers.
- Speed: Using accounting software, the entire process of preparing accounts becomes faster. Furthermore, statements and reports can be generated instantly at the click of a button. Managers do not have to wait for hours, even days, to lay their hands on an important report.
- Security: The latest data can be saved and stored in offsite locations so it is safe from natural and man-made disasters like earthquakes, fires, floods, arson and terrorist attacks. In case of a disasters, the system can be quickly restored on other computers. This level of precaution is taken by Clever Accounting.
- Cost-effective: Since using computerized accounting is more efficient than paper-based accounting, than naturally, work will be done faster and time will be saved. When one considers that Clever Accounting, one of the latest online accounting solutions, starts at a low monthly subscription (check out pricing here), then computerized accounting really becomes a no-brainer.
- Visuals: Viewing your accounts using a computer allows you to take advantage of the option to view your data in different formats. You can view data in tables and using different types of charts.