Incorporation and formation of Limited companies in Kenya.
The Company Act 2015 has now been fully implemented. All changes to all existing companies are now done under new Forms provided for by the New Law.
Procedure for company registration in Kenya
- NAME SEARCH
Proposed name must be reserved pending registration Names can only be reserved for thirty days.
Application for reservation of a name are made filling out Form CR 14 and be accompanied with the prescribed fee.
- Documents prescribed for incorporation of a company.
Memorandum and Articles of Association – Highlights the objectives of the company, the subscribers, the share structure of the company and the subscribers to the Memorandums and Articles of the company.
- Form CR1 – Application for registration of a Limited company, Unlimited company or a company limited by guarantee.
- Form CR2 – Model memorundam for a company with a share capital.
- Form CR8 – Notice of Residential address of the Directors.
- Form CR 14 – Application for registration of company Name.
- Statement of nominal capital – Declaration of Nominal Capital of the company.
- Only companies with a Nominal capital of over Kshs 500,000 are required to have a company Secretary.
- The Statement of Nominal capital and the Form CR1 are required to be Revenue stamped.
- The stamp duty fee is determined by the value of the nominal capital of the company.
- Registration – Certificate of Incorporation is processed thereafter.
Requirements for company registration in Kenya
- Proposed company name for name search approval.
- Objectives of the Company. The nature of Business / activities the company shall
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Postal addresses, Email address andTelephone Number of the shareholders and Directors.
- Number of shares to be held by each shareholder.
- Proposed Physical address of the company and the Directors.The Physica Address includes road, plot number,
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Passport photos of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Copy of iTax PIN certificate of the Shareholders / Directors.
Company KRA PIN
We usually apply for company PIN for our Premium Plan customers after the company has been registered. Your company PIN will be sent to your email address once we have registered on iTax system. Company KRA PIN is one of the most crucial document that your company will require to open a bank account, make tax returns or when applying for government tenders. This service is only offered to our Premium Plan Customers.
Duration: up-to 5 working days (Subject to iTax & KRA data loading process)